Every Monday, from 09/13/2021 to 11/08/2021, 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Helping People Change - Part 1
One of our callings as the body of Christ is to care for one another. We need to give and receive care and counsel that encourages, exhorts, and corrects. But perhaps you feel uncertain or timid about your ability to give wise counsel. This study is meant to equip you to counsel with God’s Word and to help another believer who needs care and wisdom.
- What is biblical counseling? Definition and goal: including progressive sanctification.
- You can counsel. The need for biblical counseling and qualifications of a biblical counselor.
- What are the foundations of biblical counseling? The sufficiency of scripture, the centrality of local church, the work of the Holy Spirit, and more.
- Comparing counseling systems. Includes secular and integration theories, and the roles of psychology and psychotropic drugs.
- The interplay of physical and spiritual dynamics. Includes discussion of physical illness and use of medicine.
- Process of Biblical Change. Includes getting to heart issues.
Paul Tripp's 'Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands' ~ 1 chapter/week
You can attend in-person at the church OR online via Zoom (link will be provided later).
September 13 will be an introductory class open to all to help you decide if you want to commit. You don’t need to purchase the book or read ahead of time but will need to if you decide to continue with the class.
**If you plan on attending on September 13, please register**