The youth are meeting on Wednesday nights, inside and in person, from 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM for small groups. Face coverings are to be worn at all times while inside the building.
This takes place on the 2nd and 4th Sunday nights from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM. These occur in person but mostly outside if weather permits. In the case of inclement weather, we will be inside. Face coverings are to be worn at all times while inside the building.
Our aim is to advance the gospel to the next generation.
The Youth Ministry is for students from junior high through high school (7th - 12th grade). In everything we do, our burden is to advance the Gospel to the next generation.
During the fall through spring, our schedule consists of two primary activities: weekly Wednesday night small groups and large group gatherings (1st & 3rd Sunday nights).
- Small Groups
Our small groups meet every Wednesday night from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM at the church. Small groups are the primary “vehicle” for advancing the gospel to the youth. It's in this context where the truths contained in the Scriptures are both taught and applied. The small groups are divided into junior high and high school. By God's grace, the youth ministry has been blessed with tremendously gifted adult volunteer leaders who help lead these groups.
- Large Group Gatherings
The Sunday night large group gatherings are held on the 1st and 3rd Sunday nights from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. We have a firm conviction that the best way to advance the gospel is through relationships, and these regular gatherings give us a great context to further build relationships.
Our summer schedule changes to just Wednesday nights from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (or whenever your youth need to be home) and no Sunday nights. We still dig into God's Word and also do a lot of hanging out on these nights.
Unless otherwise stated, specific dates will be provided as we get closer to the activity.
- Fall Retreat: Every Columbus Day Weekend the youth and youth leaders get away for a concentrated time of both spiritual and relational growth.
- Belvedere Plantation: Every Fall, the youth, leaders, and family go down to Fredericksburg to Belvedere Planation and enjoy a fun evening enjoying a campfire, hotdogs, s'mores, a corn maze, and games.
- Turkey Bowl: Flag football, Thanksgiving morning/9am, for youth and adults
- Christmas Gift Exchange: White Elephant gift exchange, bring a present that is no more than $10.
- Whodunit Night: A fun night, during the Spring, for both youth and volunteers to dress up/get into character and figure out "whodunit".
- Busch Gardens Day-Trip: Late summer, all day trip to Busch Gardens Williamsburg.